CODE IS BACK
Enforced Friday & Saturday 9p-2a
What is CODE?
In the early days of the leather scene (“leather” refers to all types of fetish), there were no “Code Bars”. Underground leather clubs were closed to all but those in the know. They were often pop-up spaces or off-street clubs with nothing but an address, if that. For the privacy and protection of their members, people seeking entry wearing street clothes would usually be turned away. “Heavy dress” and a good word from a member was the code for admission. The Toolbox area of the Baltimore Eagle honors this tradition (and pays homage to The Toolbox, an original American leather bar).
The Toolbox is open to all members of the leather community, their allies, and those who are curious, regardless of gender, race, etc. This is a safe, welcoming, judgment-free environment, but our space is not a zoo. If you choose to join us in our space, please be respectful of our community and our traditions.
The Toolbox is open daily without enforcement of Code. Code is enforced Friday through Saturday, 9p-2a.
- Leather or fetish attire required.
- Guests may go shirtless or in street legal underwear in lieu of leather or fetish attire. (Nipples must be covered where required by law.)
- Flip flops, sandals, and open-toed footwear are not permitted. Boots are preferred.
- Appropriate attire is determined by your door person or bartender.
- NO CELL PHONE USE. You will be banned. You have been warned.